Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just a real easy chili recipe I received from a friend.
Make and share this Easy Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained (you can use kidney beans if you like)
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packagesmild chili seasoning mix
- 1 (64 ounce) bottlecampbell's tomato juice (large bottle)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- In large Dutch oven, cook ground beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Put back into pan; add seasoning.
- Then add beans and chilies.
- Add enough tomato juice to cover (about 3/4 of the bottle).
- Mix well.
- Simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread.
We had the same winter storm come through that most of the country got this week. Our snow came late Wednesday night, so by the end of the day yesterday, I was really craving chili. This is strange, but I have never made plain chili in my life. I've made vegetarian chili and white chicken chili, but never plain old regular chili. Since that's what I was craving and I hadn't included it in my weekly meal plan, I went in search of a recipe that would be easy to throw together last minute so that I could just hit the grocery store really quickly on my way home from work. I found this one and gave it a shot. It was SO yummy! Dh loved that this one had pinto beans instead of kidney, since he hates kidney beans, lol. We all loved it, though. I stuck to the recipe, except I used 2.4 lbs ground turkey and reduced sodium pinto beans. We had it over Fritos and then topped it with shredded cheddar cheese. The best part is, it made enough for dh and I to both have leftovers for lunch today, and it just gets better the next day!
OMGoodness,This is soooooooooo good.This will be made again,may even freeze some ;)
Yesterday my son started back to school and it was a flury of activity in our house, so I decided to make your chili. I needed something quick for dinner and this was perfect. I made and used my own chili season mix, HOT green chilis and low sodium tomato juice. I think the green chilis give it a great flavor. This is a perfect, quick, midweek chili to make when you do not have hours to let the chili simmer. We'll be making this one again. Thanks alot!!