Recipe by wife2abadge
From Evelyn Tribole's Healthy Homestyle Cooking. I used 1/2 lb's worth of Smart Ground instead of the ground turkey breast. My family was fooled :-) and they all liked it. I also used black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans instead of 3 cans of pinto. The nutritional info in the cookbook is 282 calories, 3 g fat per serving.
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) canrecipe-style stewed tomatoes (with juices)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray an unheated large saucepan with no-stick spray.
- Add the turkey, onions, green peppers, and garlic.
- Cook until the turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, tomatoes with juices, salsa, cumin, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.