Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is not a super-hot chili like many people prefer; it is a medium to mild chili for those of us who prefer their chili a little milder. (Note: This old recipe called for a #3 can of tomatoes, a small can of kidney beans, and 1/4 bottle catsup. I have translated these amounts into measurements to the best of my ability based on available information on can sizes). Preparation time includes time for chopping peppers and onions.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon crisp and remove.
- Brown onions and green pepper in the bacon grease.
- Add ground meat and cook until browned. I use lowfat ground beef. If you do not, drain the excess grease off before proceeding.
- Add tomatoes, catsup, kidney beans and spices.
- Break up bacon and add to mixture.
- Simmer for an hour or so until flavors blend.