1/1 Photo of Easy Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Sue Lau's Note:
Goes nicely with a crisp salad topped with tomatoes, ripe olives and avocado slices. A few warm tortillas go nicely too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray an 8-inch square casserole dish or baking pan with nonstick spray, or lightly rub with oil.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine egg whites, evaporated milk, and flour, whisking to blend.
- 4Place half the chiles in the casserole dish, and cover with half of the egg mixture.
- 5Reserving 1/2 cup of each type of cheese for topping, sprinkle the 1/2 of the remainder of the cheese over chiles.
- 6Layer again with the chiles, top with the remaining egg mixture, the other half of the cheese, and then cover that with the tomato sauce.
- 7Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes; then sprinkle the reserved cheese (1/2 cup of each) on top of the rellenos.
- 8Replace in the oven and continue to bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the edges are bubbly, and the cheese is nicely melted.
- 9Allow to rest 5 minutes or so before slicing into servings.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 734.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 26.8 g