Recipe by aronsinvest
A great substitute for chili rellenos.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Couldn't be much easier! I liked that this stayed moist and cheesy when done baking, yet not overly "eggy." I doubled the amount of whole green chilies simply because I love them. I served this with lettuce and salsa. I'd use fresh garden tomatoes when they are in season. Thanx!
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, rinsed, drained cut in to strips
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat ok)
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- arrange chili strips in baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over. Beat sour cream and eggs to blend in a small bowl.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour over chilis & cheese.
- Bake until custard is firm in center about 25 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.