Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We have an awesome authentic Mexican restaurant in our little Midwestern town. I fell in love with their Chilies Rellenos, and this is the closest I come to duplicating it. (It can also be made with red enchilada sauce for an entirely different flavor. Can sizes are approximate)I serve these with Shirleen McCorkle's Refried Bean recipe and they go wonderfully together!
- Blanch Poblano Peppers for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, drain and return to the pan.
- Add tomatos and enchilada sauce to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer while preparing the peppers.
- Remove pepper from water and remove the tops and seeds.
- Cut the pepper into four similar sized pieces.
- Lay pepper slices in a greased baking dish.
- Place a spoonful of sauce over each pepper, then top with a spoonful of cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is browned.
- Allow remaining sauce to simmer on the stove-top and serve with completed peppers.