We have an awesome authentic Mexican restaurant in our little Midwestern town. I fell in love with their Chilies Rellenos, and this is the closest I come to duplicating it. (It can also be made with red enchilada sauce for an entirely different flavor. Can sizes are approximate)I serve these with Shirleen McCorkle's Refried Bean recipe and they go wonderfully together!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch Poblano Peppers for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- 2Meanwhile, brown ground beef, drain and return to the pan.
- 3Add tomatos and enchilada sauce to pan and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer while preparing the peppers.
- 5Remove pepper from water and remove the tops and seeds.
- 6Cut the pepper into four similar sized pieces.
- 7Lay pepper slices in a greased baking dish.
- 8Place a spoonful of sauce over each pepper, then top with a spoonful of cheese.
- 9Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is browned.
- 10Allow remaining sauce to simmer on the stove-top and serve with completed peppers.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chiles Rellenos
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 490.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: