8 hrs 15 mins
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
My favorite chili is chile verde. I just love the taste of the green chiles. This is an easier version than many for this stew and is ideal for the crockpot! Recipe is from a book of favorite crockpot recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced (or use 7-oz. can, to taste)
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or 1 cup corn kernel, frozen
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (18 ounce) jar salsa verde
- hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In a 3-1/2 quart crockpot, combine the pork, potatoes, onions, green chiles, and corn kernels.
- 2In a bowl, combine the sugar, cumin or chili powder, oregano and salsa verde. Mix well to combine and pour over contents of crockpot. Mix entire contents by stirring gently.
- 3Cover crockpot and cook until tender on LO heat for 6-8 hours. Or cook on HI heat for 4-5 hours.
- 4Serve stew over hot cooked rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chile Verde (Green Chile Pork Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.6
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 774.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 22.2 g