Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just tried this yummy casserole out of a Land O' Lakes recipe booklet and all I have to say is mmmmmmm.....so easy, fairly quick hands-on and good for those who don't like things too spicy (though DH and I will definitely kick things up next time!).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef until fully cooked.
- Add salsa and water and allow to reach a boil.
- Grease an 8x8 casserole pan and pat uncooked rice into an even layer.
- Spoon ground beef mixture over rice evenly.
- Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese, then spread green chiles over cheese layer, then finish with last cup of cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt together, then pour over casserole making sure to cover entire surface.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool 5 minutes then cut into squares and serve with your favorite taco toppings.
We all liked this too, but I'm with you - needs to be kicked up a notch. Just a tad too tame, but good. Thanks