- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 4 green onions, sliced (can use more)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (or more if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated (or more if desired)
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups milk or 4 cups half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces of favorite salsa (can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Split chiles lengthwise, and spread in a single layer in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Combine the cheddar cheese with the Monterey Jack cheese; toss to mix.
- Sprinkle half of the mixed cheeses and all of the green onions over the chiles.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, flour and salt until smooth.
- Pour over chiles and cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until done.
- Meanwhile, mix salsa with remaining 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- Sprinkle over casserole, and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.