Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a good and easy side dish to serve with Enchiladas or Tacos!
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- chopped green onion
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese onto bottom 8-inch square baking dish sprayed well with non stick cooking spray Top with chiles and remaining cheese.
- Place flour in medium bowl and chili powder mixing well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in eggs; pour mixture over cheese.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 350°F or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and desired toppings.
I used sharp cheddar and added some salt to the egg mixture. DELICIOUS.
We found this very bland, very soggy, and not at all what was expected. Not to our taste at all, sorry.
Since I "accidentally" found this recipe I have made it numerous times. I had started with the one using whole chiles, till I found this one. My husband enjoys this one even more. He has never cared for casseroles, but has always liked chile rellenos. This one has been passed on to my family. Yum-O as Rachel would say!