Recipe by Barb G.
These are chile rellenos without all the work. The recipe comes from Ortega.
Top Review by Amy Stocky
I had a bunch of fresh poblano peppers and didn't know what to do with them. I tried this casserole and loved it! With the fresh roasted peppers and a few jalepenos for extra spice, it was FANTASTIC! This is definitely joining my regular rotation. Thank you, check out some of my recipes at www.tvisgod.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese into bottom of a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Top with chiles.
- Add remaining cheese.
- Place flour in medium bowl.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add eggs, stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture over Cheese.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with Salsa, and desired toppings, such as sour cream, sliced ripe olives, chopped green onions.