sara17 in Mesa, AZ's Note:
This Recipe was given to me by a co-worker after I told her of my Chile Rellenos disaster! It's so easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oil 1" deep on medium high heat.
- 2Drain chilies and remove any remaining seeds, split chilies lengthwise along one side for stuffing.
- 3Cut cheese into thin 1/2" thick slices.
- 4Stuff chilies with one piece of each kind of cheese.
- 5Roll chilies up in egg roll wrappers and seal edge with a little water (make sure to wrap them tightly so that they don't fall apart when fried.
- 6Fry in oil approximately 1-2 minutes each side until golden brown.
- 7Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
- 8I had a little trouble getting the cheese to melt the 1st few times I made it and found that if you microwave the rolls right before you fry them for about 20 seconds it really helps.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chile Relleggrolls
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.0
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 989.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 35.8 g