Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great appetizer or weekend snack!For this recipe I like to drain the salsa, I just drain it through a medium strainer as it will tend to make the tortillas soggy. The tortillas can be fryed up to 8 hours ahead, and let stand at room temperature. Prepare in two seperate baking sheets, or half the recipe and use one baking sheet. Prep time does not include frying the tortillas.
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 -3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-inch of oil to about 360°F.
- Fry tortillas one at a time until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels (this can be done up to 8 hours in advance).
- Prepare a large baking sheet.
- Place the tortillas on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Then top with about 2 tablespoons salsa, then about 1 tablespoon diced chilies, and then top with about 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Break into pieces and serve.
These were a hit with my husband. I served them with guacamole recipe #27109. Very easy to make. Thanks KITTENCAL. Bullwinkle