Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a South-Indian recipe. It goes great with plain white or brown rice.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas or 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tomatoes (cut into small bits)
- 3 -4 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds, when they begin to sputter add the curry leaves and garlic and stir for about 15 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric, garam masala to the seasoning and cook for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chick peas, water and salt and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
This was a great healthy and easy recipe. I used half of a can of diced tomatoes and black mustard seeds. I enjoyed a serving and my husband ate the rest in one sitting!