Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy recipe that takes very little prep time but is good enough for company.
Make and share this Easy Chicken With Sherry Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a glass baking dish.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Wash chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel.
- Dredge chicken pieces through flour to coat and place skin side down in the pan with the melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Whisk together soup and sherry until smooth; set aside.
- At the end of the half hour, turn chicken pieces over and pour in the sherry mushroom sauce.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Can be served with noodles if you like.
- Note: for a lower calorie meal, I have used boneless skinless chicken breasts which I marinated in the sherry mushroom mixture overnight. Then I baked the chicken and sauce in a glass pan in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes. Do not overbake.