Recipe by Reggie's Mom
I haven't made this one yet but found it in an old Pillsbury book I have. Sounds really easy but needs quite a bit of cooking time so not good for a rushed dinner. It sounds yummy! (You can substitute any condensed cream soup in this recipe, try cream of mushroom or cream of broccoli). Note: recipe calls for bone-in, skin on chicken breasts.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine rice, both soups and water; mix well. Pour into baking dish.
- Place chicken, skin side up, over rice mixture. Brush chicken with melted butter; drizzle with any remaining butter. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover; bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is not longer pink, its juices run clear and skin is slightly crisp.