Recipe by Dee84
My mom always made this, and now i make it all the time. it is easy, good and very colorful. kids will love it
- 1 cup rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ground ginger (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak rice in hot water.
- Dice chicken breast, put into big pot, add chicken cube, and cook till chicken is done.
- Slice up all bell peppers, then stir fry in skillet or wok, add bean sprouts, mushrooms and cook until bell peppers are soft.
- Add veggies to chicken and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, drain rice, add to smaller pot, and add 1-1/2 cups hot water. cook uncovered until boiling, then lower heat and cover till rice is tender.
- Mix soy sauce, white vinegar, cornstarch together, and add to chicken veggies pot to make a sauce.
- Add some ginger, mix well, turn heat off when rice is ready.
- Serve rice with chicken and veggies, and ENJOY!