Easy, quick, delicious, nutritious and low calorie. A yummy meal any time, but especially great on a cold day.
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 elephant garlic clove, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 (1814.36 g) box chicken stock (Kirkland)
- 411.06 g can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper
- 2 (708.73 g) can chicken breasts (Kirkland)
- 946.36 ml mixed vegetables, Frozen Organic (Kirkland, 0r whatever frozen vegetables you like)
- 236.59 ml fresh broccoli florets
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil, med-high heat, in large (8qt) stock pan.
- Saute carrots, celery, and onion for a couple of minutes. Add garlic, a couple pinches of salt, and continue to saute until you smell the garlic (about a minute or two).
- Add Chicken Stock, Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Rosemary, Basil and about 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (more or less for your taste), 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Remove rosemary sprig.
- Add Chicken, frozen veggies and broccoli. Heat through. Salt and pepper if needed for taste. More red pepper can be added if you want a little more heat, and if you want a little more garlic flavor you can add some garlic powder.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with the fresh parsley and serve.