Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious pie! Kids love it too! You will need a recipe pastry for a 20cm double crust pie or use frozen pastry as a base. You might like to use left over vegetables from your last-nights-roast as the taste is just amazing!
- 2 roast chicken breast halves
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Line a 9 inch pie dish with double crust pastry - see description.
- Dice chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Mix cornflour with a couple of tablespoons of milk and add to bowl.
- Add vegetables (if you don't have left overs, cook some frozen mix veges, drain and add to bowl).
- Add herbs, celery soup and mushroom soup. Stir together.
- Pour filling into pastry lined pie dish. Arrange top layer of pie crust, seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust to allow for steam to escape.
- Place pie on cookie sheet. Put aluminum foil around the pie crust edges. Bake at 200 degrees C for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes until golden brown.
- stand for 5 minutes before serving with mash potato and salad of choice.