I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account as I am always on the look out for make ahead recipes. I think these will freeze well and I look forward to trying that. This is the original introduction: "I needed to use up some cooked chicken and also wanted something quick, so, this is what I came up with. It was a hit at my house, I hope it is at yours too!(:" (thanks cbw)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cubed chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use colbyjack, but that's just a personal preference)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix soup, chicken, cheese, and salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Roll or pat each biscuit into 5inch circle and place about 1/4cup filling on each circle.
- Wrap dough around chicken and press the edges to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and top with butter and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and enjoy!
We called these pot pie turnovers, as they taste a lot like chicken pot pie. Very good. I made a batch and froze them for quick easy lunches or snacks. Just pop them in the microwave to thaw, and then into the toaster oven to brown them up a bit. Yummy!
These were good. I experimented with a few of them and added a blob of cream cheee before wrapping them up; yummy. I also enjoyed them as leftovers and had some salsa on them, made it a little mexican treat.
These were just excellent! Will be making these a lot. Thanks for posting.