Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a really easy to put together chicken soup with a twist that uses ingredients that I almost always have available in freezer/pantry.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Right before serving, top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Other toppings can include things like sour cream, shredded cheese, etc.
This was such a fabulous find! I'm always interested in recipes I can make with things I can keep on the shelves SO I did an experiment and used a Costco can of chicken breast meat in the place of the fresh/frozen chicken breasts. It turned out wonderful. My husband said it was just the right amount of spicy, my son added some Tapatio sauce. I think next time I might use TWO cans of chicken. Amazing to be able to make this soup by just opening cans and not needing anything else -- no sauteing, no cutting/chopping, no extra seasonings. Perfect! Doing it this way would be great for camping too! Thanks so much for posting it.
This was very tasty and oh so easy to make. Only needed to add some salt. Very nice crock pot meal - I served with tortilla chips and shredded Mexican cheeses. Thanks for posting - made for ZWT8 Family Picks from the Mexico/SouthwesternUS/TexMex APCB and the Herbaceous Herbaceous Honeys.
I have this exact recipe; from the Fix it and Forget it cookbook for slow cookers. It is always so good and easy to make. I have added other items to it, to get more vegetables in my family's belly: like frozen corn. My hubby's favorite soup I make besides my chorizo recipe.