Recipe by iewe
This is a really easy to put together chicken soup with a twist that uses ingredients that I almost always have available in freezer/pantry.
Top Review by Maven in the Making
This was such a fabulous find! I'm always interested in recipes I can make with things I can keep on the shelves SO I did an experiment and used a Costco can of chicken breast meat in the place of the fresh/frozen chicken breasts. It turned out wonderful. My husband said it was just the right amount of spicy, my son added some Tapatio sauce. I think next time I might use TWO cans of chicken. Amazing to be able to make this soup by just opening cans and not needing anything else -- no sauteing, no cutting/chopping, no extra seasonings. Perfect! Doing it this way would be great for camping too! Thanks so much for posting it.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- tortilla chips (optional)