Recipe by CaliforniaJan
My friend Leslie served this at a soup party and it is wonderful. I use a rotisserie chicken to save time and per a review that the soup could use a little more substance, I've edited it to include tomato and rice soup.
Top Review by MsSally
This was very good, but not very filling. I added about 1/4 c of cooked rice to bottom of each bowl to make it more substantial for a main dish soup and served it with a turkey sandwich. I didn't have any jalapenos so I added a large pinch of cayenne pepper for heat. Very easy and quick to make.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 10 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canscondensed tomato rice soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Stir in chicken and through tomato rice soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with tortilla chips and sour cream. Squeeze juice from one lime wedge into each bowl of soup before serving, if desired.