Recipe by Pinktini
This is a favorite in our house. It is SO simple and yummy! I have served this many times for friends and family and it is always a hit. Delicious too if you're Vegan (omit chicken and use vegetable stock.)
Top Review by shea.gibson
This recipe is excellent. I love cooking easy but flavorful soups and this one will go into rotation in my house! Instead of cans of corn, I used 1/2 of frozen corn because it's what I had in the freezer. It still turned out amazing. It was very filling and there's plenty leftover for tomorrow. Even my 8 year old son, who is extremely picky, enjoyed this one!
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (20 ounce) container refrigerated taco sauce with seasoned shredded chicken
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa
- 2 (14 ounce) cans corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- flour tortilla, strips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cheese soup to a large stock pot.
- Slowly stir in chicken stock. (you can do this fast or slow. I said slow for initial appearance, otherwise the cheese soup looks really lumpy. I promise it will all mix together nicely after it simmers.).
- Add chicken, salsa, corn, chili powder, and 1 1/2 cups cheddar.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
- Serve in bowl and top with shredded cheese, tortilla strips* and sour cream*.