My college roommate and I came up with this one years ago, and it is still a hit today. The family will love it, and it is great for left-overs the next day. Serve with some spanish rice or refried beans. YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear tortillas (1 or 2 at a time) into small, bite-sized pieces and lightly fry them in a small amount of oil.
- 2Cook until light brown and slightly crispy (If they aren't cooked enough you will end up with a mushy end product).
- 3Set aside to dry on some paper towels.
- 4Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and cook in small amount of oil along with the onion, sprinkle the seasoning mix over as they cook.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a 13x9 baking dish layer tortillas, then chicken, then salsa, finishing with a layer of tortillas.
- 7Pour chicken broth over entire casserole.
- 8Finish with a layer of shredded cheese.
- 9Cover with tin foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 903.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican blend cheese
taco seasoning mix