Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My college roommate and I came up with this one years ago, and it is still a hit today. The family will love it, and it is great for left-overs the next day. Serve with some spanish rice or refried beans. YUMMY!
- Tear tortillas (1 or 2 at a time) into small, bite-sized pieces and lightly fry them in a small amount of oil.
- Cook until light brown and slightly crispy (If they aren't cooked enough you will end up with a mushy end product).
- Set aside to dry on some paper towels.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and cook in small amount of oil along with the onion, sprinkle the seasoning mix over as they cook.
- Set aside.
- In a 13x9 baking dish layer tortillas, then chicken, then salsa, finishing with a layer of tortillas.
- Pour chicken broth over entire casserole.
- Finish with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.