Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My roomate in college used to make this all the time. She got the recipe from her mom. My husband requests this all the time. It is so easy and delicious...leftovers are always better the next day...if there are any!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Cooked and cubed or shredded...whatever you prefer)
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (I use mild.)
- 10 corn tortillas, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13x9inch pan.
- Fill bottom of pan with chicken.
- Next layer- tortillas.
- Then layer onions.
- Mix soup and rotel together & pour mixture evenly over the top.
- Then top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minute or until melted through.
- (*hint*I usually add a few chunks of cheese throughout the layers. Just a personal preference, because we love cheese).
Very easy, comfort food type dish, easy to make on a busy workday evening with items in the pantry. Thank you for posting it this one! Pac-Fall07
This a great meal that hit the spot. I always have cooked chicken in the freezer so this dish was really a breeze to prepare. I followed your suggestions and added the extra cheese chucks throughout the layers and I added an extra can of Rotel. Thanks so much for sharing, LuckyMe. We loved this.