Prep 3 hrs
Cook 50 mins
I came across this recipe when I was looking for something easy using the ingredients I had on hand. Prep time includes marinating
- 4 -5 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- cover and marinate for 1-3 hours.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened and chicken is tender, about 20 more minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Tasty and tender, but very salty. I will make it again, but next time I will use low-sodium soy sauce!
This is one of those "Life Saver" recipes. I needed something really easy and I was sooooo happy when it turned out to be really delicious, too. My husband raved about the flavor. It really does have a wonderful flavor and is so tender. I used a mix of red, white, green and black peppercorns and it was a pleasant addition to the taste when we bit in to one.
Thanks so much for sharing. We loved it!!!!
Loved it..so simple to make. I did add a little brown sugar as someone recommended but if you do, watch the sauce closely because it no only thickens it quicker but it will burn your pan. It was delicious and took such a small amount of time. I'll definitely be making this again.