Prep 3 hrs
Cook 50 mins
I came across this recipe when I was looking for something easy using the ingredients I had on hand. Prep time includes marinating
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- cover and marinate for 1-3 hours.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened and chicken is tender, about 20 more minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Tasty and tender, but very salty. I will make it again, but next time I will use low-sodium soy sauce!
Loved it..so simple to make. I did add a little brown sugar as someone recommended but if you do, watch the sauce closely because it no only thickens it quicker but it will burn your pan. It was delicious and took such a small amount of time. I'll definitely be making this again.
My family loved this and it really was easy. I paired it with "Stir Fry/Braised Bok Choy" by Cookgirl and it went really well together.