Top Review by ~Nimz~
Amber this was very tasty, although I did make some adjustments to suit our taste. The sauce was not enough to cover the 8 ounces of spaghetti the way we like it so I tripled it which seemed to work well for us. The sauce was a little bland when tasted so I added about 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and about 1 tsp of chicken flavored granules to make the sauce a little more to our liking. I also used minced fresh garlic instead of the powder and sauted them with the onions and mushrooms. Left out the pimientos, just a personal preference thing. We will be making this again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped (about 5 scallions)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 lb cooked skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup canned pimiento, drained and sliced (about a 2 oz jar)
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds and cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions and mushrooms; cook until tender, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper, broth and milk in a small bowl; mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to saucepan; cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, pimentos and sherry; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and add cooked spaghetti; toss gently.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.