Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been in my family for 3 generations now and it is a family favorite!
- half box cooked spaghetti
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded (or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- parmesan cheese (canned is fine)
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- garlic powder
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 11x7 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer spaghetti, chicken, small pats of butter, and seasonings to taste (approx. 3 times).
- In a small saucepan, combine chicken broth and 1-2 tablespoons flour over med-high heat for approx 5 min (or until the flour has dissolved nicely).
- Pour broth mixture over the layered spaghetti, chicken and butter.
- Top with parmesan cheese
- Place dish in oven and cook for 25-30 min, or until top is bubbly and lightly browned.
Have the world's pickiest 5yo and she had 2 plate fulls. I did add a little more shredded cheddar and some milk to the mix and it turned out great.
This was very good and very adaptable to different additions,(onions, red bell pepper,etc., whatever you want to add!). I also liked the ease of it and how it tasted like a fresh, "homey" kinda meal. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!