You can also use dried oriental noodles in place of the linguine, also fresh minced garlic can be added in.
- 1 lb linguine, broken in half (can use less pasta if desired)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut lengthwise into about 1/3-inch strips)
- salt and pepper
- 10 green onions, chopped to about 1-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced paper thin diagonally
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup purchased teriyaki sauce (or to taste)
- Cook noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water until JUST firm-tender; drain and return to pot.
- Add in the sesame oil; toss to coat.
- In a skillet or wok heat oil over high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken strips with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet; sauté until no longer pink (about 2 minutes).
- Add in green onions, sliced carrots and crushed red pepper flakes; stir-fry until veggies are crisp-tender but still bright in colour and the chicken is cooked through (about 2-3 minutes longer).
- Add in the cooked noodles and teriyaki sauce; toss well to blend.