Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very simple chicken thigh recipe. You just throw it all into a pot and cook! It has a great flavor to boot.
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 chicken thighs
- In a pot, put bouillon cube, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic.
- Heat until boiling when sugar and cube are dissolved.
- Add chicken and cover. Turn down heat but continue a light boil until chicken is cooked thoroughly, about 25 minutes.
- Take out chicken and serve.
- **I add a little cornstarch/water mixture to the soy sauce sometimes to thicken it a bit if I want to serve it over rice.
- Freezer Directions: Prepare marinade and allow to cool. Place chicken in large freezer back. Pour cooled marinade over chicken. Seal, label, and freeze. To Serve: Thaw in fridge and cook as directed.
I made this into a dump recipe and put it in the freezer. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used light soy sauce instead of soy sauce. I made the marinade and cooled. I placed it in a freezer bag. I then added the thighs and froze. I also made another batch but followed the directions as written and ate it that night. The night before making the batch I put in the freezer, I pulled and let it thaw in the fridge. In the morning, I dumped everything in the crock pot and cooked for six hours. This may sound funny but the smell of this is a bit overwhelming and doesn't smell the best but the taste is awesome. I made this for freezer tag 2008.
Very good! Easy to do and with one pot! I also used leftover teriyaki sauce a second time with a boneless turkey breast and it was still good! Great recipe!