Recipe by Lori Ruberti
One pot meal for two. Too delicious and easy to pass up.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 2/10/10 for the" Afternoon Tea and Light Suppers " event ( and for my lunch ;) ). For the packaged taco seasoning Recipe#199955 was used. And before browning the chicken I cut into bite sized pieces.Other than those two changes, the recipe was made as it was written. I know this recipe is supposed to be for two, but it's so good you aren't going to want to share with anybody ;) Thanks for posting a very good recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 whole chicken breast
- 1⁄2 can salsa (your favorite)
- 1⁄2 package taco seasoning
- 1 bag mixed salad green
- cheddar cheese, shredded (fresh or packaged)
- 1 package tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken breast in med.
- size frypan, I use just a little oil so chicken doesn't stick.
- Once it is cooked, remove from pan, and dice up the breasts.
- Add Salsa and Taco seasoning to pan.
- Return chicken diced to pan, and let simmer in sauce for 30 minutes.
- Place bed of lettuce on dinner plate, and add serving of Taco Mix on top of lettuce.
- Serve chips on the side, they are great to scoop the salad on your fork.
- A quick one pan easy entree.