Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this favorite recipe for my kids and am posting for a cookbook I'm making for them.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (preferably Market Day)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix, prepared
- Prepare stuffing as directed.
- Best if stuffing is leftover or made 1 day in advance.
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch pan or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Place breasts in pan.
- Place 1 slice of cheese over top of each breast.
- Spread soup undiluted over top of cheese.
- Layer stuffing over soup.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour until bubbly and stuffing is golden.
This is a fantastic recipe! I make it in the CROCKPOT all the time. I actually mix the soup with the stuffing, then layer it on top of the chicken. Cooked on low for 4 hours it is perfect and moist. And if I don't have Swiss, I just use whatever cheese I have on hand. It's a regular meal at our house.
Delicious! Very easy to make and great comments from guests.
Thank you for a very good recipe. When putting it together I found I only had cream of chicken w/herbs soup and haverti cheese. Turned out great. Definately will try it again.