Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
like beef, but with boneless skinless chicken breast. very easy and yummy
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream (I use fat free)
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken broth (vegetable works too!)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- egg noodles
- Mix all ingredients together, except for the chicken and butter.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Turn heat down and add the sauce mixture and mushrooms.
- Simmer covered about 1 hours.
- Pull chicken apart (I use two forks) and stir
- Thicken with flour if neede (stir a little four into cold water then add it in).
- Cook egg noodles according to package, drain, add a little butter, and spoon stroganoff on top!
This was an excellent "quick and easy" meal! I had all of the ingredients on hand and the family loved it!
This was so very good! Served with rice instead of noodles, and added extra chicken broth because I ended up having a LOT of chicken. Because of time restraints, ended up browning up some cubed chicken, and then simmering the whole thing about 35 minutes instead of an hour -- was so very good!!! Made for PAC Fall 2008
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was easy to make and everyone loved it. I used 6 4 ounce cutlets cut up, canned mushrooms and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. I followed the rest of the recipe as written other then I used olive oil to cook up the chicken instead of butter. I also added salt and pepper to the mixture. I didn't shred the chicken, I let it in the hunks that I cut it up into. This smelled so good as it was cooking. The whole family loved it and it will be made again.