Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has been a family favorite for many years.
- 6 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Place the onion in a skillet with the butter, poultry seasoning and water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, put cream of chicken soup, milk, mixed vegetables, onions and chicken.
- Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Mix the bisquick with the 2/3 cup milk, for the dumplings, and spoon large spoonfuls on top of the stew.
- Simmer, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
Perfect!! So easy to make, and it tasted amazing. DD (who is super picky) loved it and even took some to school the next day. We will be making this often.
Delicious--thanks for sharing a family favorite. I used diced, pre-cooked chicken breasts that I buy from Gordon foods, I added some salt, per MaliciousKiss, and then for dumplings I sliced refrigerated bisquits into quarters and placed on top, then cooked with the lid closed. Great shortcut recipe, I will use this often. Next time I will also add a little cream cheese. Thanks again!
simple and easy to make and is delicious. I myself did however add a little salt and pepper for taste. Easiest recipe I've found so far for dumplings. Love it!