Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another kid favorite. Easy enough so they can help with the preparation. Gets a big thumbs up from my bunch.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; place tortillas on baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large skillet; add chicken; cook until no longer pink; add 2 T seasoning mix and 1T water; mix well Combine refried beans, remaining seasoning mix and remaining water in small bowl.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over each tortilla.
- Layer each with a drizzle of taco sauce.
- Top evenly with chicken mixture, cheese and desired toppings (chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, etc.).
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts; fold each in half.
This is a good basic recipe. I made two batches of these, one for kids and the other for adults. The recipe as written was perfect for my kids. For the adults, I added 1/2 c. chopped onion and 1 t. minced garlic to cook with the chicken. I added 1/8 t. cayenne pepper, 1/8 t. cumin, and 1 t. chili powder to the beans to spice it up. Thanks Nurse Di for a great idea.
I'm a beginner chef and I've been trying out the simplist recipes to start with... this was perfectly easy and tasty too! Thanks for sharing! We'll definitely make again!
I have to agree with the others...a very good basic recipe to start with. I used 8 whole wheat tortillas & 1 1/4 cups red fat mont jack cheese. I cut the chicken into small cubes & found that I only needed 1/2 pkg taco seasoning mix. I cooked the chicken, added the seas mix & 1/4 cup water. I didn't mix any taco seas with the beans, just heated them up to make them spreadable. I mixed the cooked chicken with the cheese & spread the beans, then teh chicken/cheese mix & topped with some taco sauce. I rolled the tortillas up & heated them up for 10 min at 350. Tasted great! Thanks for sharing this simple recipe.