Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
During my college years, I had a good friend who cooked this for me one day when I was feeling down. It is so super easy and really satisfying. Now I cook it for me and my husband when I need a quick and filling dinner. It is great left over too! I suggest just using the minced garlic in a jar, and a traditional spaghetti sauce with no extra ingredients. Plain Prego would be an example.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans chicken breasts
- 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- Follow the directions on the pasta for the correct way to cook it. While the water is heating up to a boil, do the steps below.
- Open the two cans of chicken breat meat. Drain the water out. Take a fork and use it to break up the pieces of chicken while in the can.
- Heat the olive oil in a wide, deep skillet or pan on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring, and letting the garlic become fragrant.
- Add the chicken meat to the pan and stir to let the oil coat all the meat. Use your spatula or cooking spoon to break up any chicken chunks into smaller pieces.
- Pour in the spaghetti sauce, and stir well.
- Let the mixture come to a light boil, then turn down the heat to low, and let gently simmer while you finish cooking your pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, the chicken mixture will be waiting! Combine, pour desired amount of parnesan on top, and enjoy!