Recipe by Princess Lisa
Great recipe from Cooking Light, August 2005 The mustard egg dip helps keep the chicken moist. I use the thin sliced chicken and longer time grilling in the pan so I don't have to cook in the oven.
Top Review by Leanne Yeatman
This recipe is perfect! Chicken stays perfectly moist and flavour is excellent. I add a touch of cream to the egg, use a garlic salt on the chicken prior to flour, and add 2 tablespoons of cornmeal to the breadcrumbs.
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 22.18 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Combine mustard and egg in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, chives, and garlic in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 chicken breast half in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 2 1/2 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Turn chicken over; place pan in oven. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.