1/3 Photos of Easy Chicken Scaloppine
This is from a cookbook club that I used to belong to years ago, I pulled out the binder, dusted it off, and looked for a chicken recipe. This is what I found, and it's delicous...my picky 3 year old even ate it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, Thinly Sliced (About 1 Cup)
- 283.49 g white mushrooms, Sliced (About 3 Cups)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, Minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml dried sage
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79-29.58 ml butter or 14.79-29.58 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar or 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta, Cooked
- fresh basil leaf
- lemon wedge
- 1In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened and lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Cover and remove from heat; set aside.
- 2Rinse chicken breast halves under cold water; pat dry with paper towels. On a cutting board, cut each piece in half. Place between sheets of waxed paper; using a rolling pin, pound and roll chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 3In a bowl, combine flour, sage, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken pieces in the mixture, shaking off excess.
- 4In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook chicken pieces, 4 or 5 at a time, until cooked through and lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side; add additional oil and butter, if necessary. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 5Add balsamic vinegar to the skillet; increase heat to medium-high heat and cook, stirring, to loosen any browned bits from the bottom and sides of the skillet, about 1 minute.
- 6Return chicken and pan juices to the skillet; reduce heat to low and turn medallions once or twice to baste them in the sauce.
- 7Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the vegetables, tossing to combine; warm over low heat until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- 8Transfer pasta and vegetables to a platter. Arrange the chicken medallions on the platter next to the pasta and vegetables; garnish with fresh basil leaves and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Scaloppine
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 250.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 38.7 g