This is from a cookbook club that I used to belong to years ago, I pulled out the binder, dusted it off, and looked for a chicken recipe. This is what I found, and it's delicous...my picky 3 year old even ate it!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, Thinly Sliced (About 1 Cup)
- 283.49 g white mushrooms, Sliced (About 3 Cups)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, Minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml dried sage
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79-29.58 ml butter or 14.79-29.58 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar or 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta, Cooked
- fresh basil leaf
- lemon wedge
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened and lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Cover and remove from heat; set aside.
- Rinse chicken breast halves under cold water; pat dry with paper towels. On a cutting board, cut each piece in half. Place between sheets of waxed paper; using a rolling pin, pound and roll chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sage, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken pieces in the mixture, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook chicken pieces, 4 or 5 at a time, until cooked through and lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side; add additional oil and butter, if necessary. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the skillet; increase heat to medium-high heat and cook, stirring, to loosen any browned bits from the bottom and sides of the skillet, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken and pan juices to the skillet; reduce heat to low and turn medallions once or twice to baste them in the sauce.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the vegetables, tossing to combine; warm over low heat until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer pasta and vegetables to a platter. Arrange the chicken medallions on the platter next to the pasta and vegetables; garnish with fresh basil leaves and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.