1/1 Photo of Easy Chicken Salsa Wraps (Stove Top or Crock Pot)
6 hrs 10 mins
This is one of my family's favorites! It is healthy, flavorful and SUPER SIMPLE to make! I like to serve this with Mexicorn or Spanish rice. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- nonstick cooking spray (PAM)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa (quality and flavor count here!)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas (I prefer whole wheat)
- sour cream (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- 1Crock Pot Directions:.
- 2Spray sides of crock with non-stick pan spray.
- 3Throw chicken breasts in crock pot and top with jar of salsa.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- 530 minutes before serving, shred chicken with a fork and add 1/2 of the black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 6Place the other 1/2 of the beans in a food processor make a paste. Stir in to the sauce to thicken.
- 7Cover again until heated through.
- 8Warm the tortillas (microwave for 1 minute or in a warm non-stick skillet).
- 9Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas, add cheese and roll up.
- 10Add a dollop of sour cream and a few black olive slices for garnish if desired.
- 11Stove Top Directions:.
- 12Thaw chicken breasts and slice on the diagonal into 1/4 inch strips.
- 13Brown over medium heat in a large skillet coated with non-stick pan spray.
- 14Pour jar of salsa over chicken and simmer until slightly thickened.
- 15Add the black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 16Warm the tortillas (microwave for 1 minute or in a warm non-stick skillet).
- 17Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas, add cheese and roll up.
- 18Add a dollop of sour cream and a few black olive slices for garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Salsa Wraps (Stove Top or Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 988.4
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 134.2 mg
- Sodium 2266.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 62.7 g