Recipe by Dougal03
I used to make this when I was kid (I started cooking at age 7) and recently started bringing it to work. My co-workers now bother me about making more! It's soooo easy to make and nice summer dish to top salads, in a sandwich, crackers, whatever you think of! When I have them, I add chopped celery...yummy!
Top Review by DuChick
Yummy, creamy chicken salad made easy as 123 right here! I made it just as stated with the onions, peppers and celery and let the flavors meld overnight. It was great! This could be doctored up a bit with dill, sour cream or other veggies if desired, but this is a terrific basic start. Thanks Dougal03! MERP'd for My 3 Chefs '08.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- mayonnaise (Low Fat/low carb mayo works just as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean Chicken and throw in a pot of water.
- Boil until chicken is done.
- Let cool.
- With hands, shred cooked chicken in bowl.
- Add chopped onions and green peppers.
- Add Mayo to your liking.
- Sprinkle with salt Pepper and chill.
- You can prepare a salad and add this.
- Alternatively, Take a pita bread and open.
- Spread chicken mixture and add tomatoes and lettuce.