Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my ex-mother in laws recipe. I serve with Ritz crackers or mini bread. Quick and easy for BBQs or just to keep for snacking! The broth after you are done cooking the chicken is a great starter for soups! You can lighten the recipe by using a light mayonnaise. You can use a small or large onion depending on how strong you want it. For the relish you can use sweet or dill, I have made it with both and I prefer the dill.
- 4 -5 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 vidalia onion
- 1⁄4 cup sweet relish or 1⁄4 cup dill relish
- 5 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 -2 cup mayonnaise
- You do not need to trim the chicken first.
- Bring water to a low boil.
- Add all the chicken and poultry seasoning.
- Cook 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is done.
- While chicken is cooking you can chop your onion finely.
- Drain chicken and cube or chop the chicken.
- Mix all ingredients and chill.
I made this today for lunch. The only thing I did different was to add lots of seasoning!!! I really enjoyed it!! Made for PAC Spring 2009.