Chef #538994's Note:
A simple, fun to make, appetizer that's healthy and eye catching. This recipe can be simple and quick, or you can make it complicated and fancy to suit any occasion. This is the most basic way to make them, but with a couple interesting suggestions at the end. I usually serve next to several bowls of different salad dressings so guests can dip (or not dip) to their liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- 2Cook in a skillet for about 5 mins, or until done. (Optional - cook with some Italian spices, garlic, or an oil-based salad dressing.).
- 3Try to pick out a leafy head of lettuce, instead one with crunchy leaves.
- 4Seperate and wash some lettuce leaves.
- 5Roll the cooked chicken strips in the lettuce.
- 6Place about 5 toothpicks (depending on strip of chicken) spaced evenly along the roll.
- 7Using a sharp knife, cut the strip into pieces. The toothpicks should hold it all together.
- 8WAYS TO MAKE IT CREATIVE - Think of what else you can add to make this more interesting. Try including different ingredients inside the lettuce with the chicken. Hard-boiled egg, peppers, a strip of fresh parmesean cheese, etc -- Or, try attaching something on top of the roll using the toothpick. I've had great success with small madarin orange slices or cut up strawberries! Perhaps try switching lettuce for spinach, or another green. The possibilities are endless, and kids can often help in the creation process! The chicken can be served warm, or, can be refrigerated and served chilled, both taste great!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Roll up Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 50.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 15.5 g