- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, sauté vegetables in oil, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir in chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with parsley.