Recipe by Sue Lau
Quick and simple to make and everybody loves them. How can you go wrong?
Top Review by Galley Wench
This was a perfect lunch today! Since I'm cooking for one this week I took the easy way out; bought a bag of frozen mexican veggies, which included, corn, black beans, onions and peppers. Cooked them for a few seconds in the microwave. Added them on top of diced chicken breast and then topped off with a Mexican cheese mixture, tomato, onion and cilantro. Yummy! Thanks Sue for sharing! Made for ZWT 5 Mexico
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken meat
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- butter or margarine
- guacamole (for garnish) (optional)
- sour cream (for garnish) (optional)
- salsa (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over low heat.
- Spread a small amount of butter evenly over one side of tortilla and place tortilla buttered side down in the skillet.
- For each tortilla, sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over 1/2 of the tortilla and top with chopped chilies, chicken, tomato, green onions, and cilantro.
- Fold the other side over the top and press down gently.
- Cook quesadilla over low heat 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Remove quesadilla from skillet and keep warm on a plate in a low oven (300F).
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- When finished, serve quesadillas cut in three sections (using a pizza cutter works great) and garnished with guacamole, sour cream and salsa, if desired.