Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, fast and simple one dish dinner. Try using other dressings and seasonings. A bit of chile powder may pick it up as well. Other vegetables could be added as well.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (bone-in) or 2 lbs chicken thighs (bone-in)
- 1 lb potato, cut into wedges
- 4 small carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Place chicken, potato& carrot in 13" X 9" dish.
- Pour dressing over dish contents.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
This was surprisingly elegant for such a simple recipe. I was a bit worried about the vegetables getting dried out during cooking so I covered the pan during the first half hour. The potatoes turned out just right - moist, tender and just a bit browned.
My family absoultly loved this simpla dish. I made it with an low sodium Italian Dressing I found here on Recipezaar.. It was excellent. Although i did cut the Italian seasoning down due to the spices in the dressing. I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs a freshing idea.
This was sooooo easy to make. I kept to the exact ingredients and used chicken breasts and pounded them first. The meat was tender and the potatoes and carrots were a delicious combination with the seasoning. I used oregano, basil, tarragon and marjoram.This will definately be made again and again. Thanks!