Recipe by Indigosmom
I wanted a shepherd's pie only I don't eat beef, so I threw this together instead, and it turned out so good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (or shredded)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mixed vegetables
- 2 -3 large potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3 tablespoons butter (for the potatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk (for potatoes)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll Pie crust and press into 2.5 qt casserole (you may need to use a rolling pin to make it larger to fit the casserole).
- Mix together chicken, soup, milk, and vegetables.
- Pour chicken mixture into casserole.
- Mash potatoes with butter and milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mashed potato topping onto pie, and gently smooth it over evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45-60 minutes.