1/1 Photo of Easy Chicken Pot Pie / Pies
1 hr 30 mins
Bone Man's Note:
Comfort food all the way and a pleasant surprise for the family to boot. These pot pies will satisfy a "man-sized" appetite. I was astounded as to how nice they turn out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Boil the chicken breasts in 5-6 cups water for 20-25 minutes then place on a plate to cool.
- 3In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to blend the creme of mushroom soup (you COULD use creme of celery soup as a substitute), and the chicken broth.
- 4Drain the carrots and peas, then add them to the soup blend.
- 5Slice the boiled chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and stir it into the soup-vegetable blend.
- 6Assemble 5, 5-inch ramekins or similar oven-proof bowls and spray them with PAM.
- 7Distribute the mix among the 5 bowls evenly. Fill to about 3/4 of an inch from the top edges.
- 8Melt the butter and pour an equal amount on top of the mix of each filled ramekin. Use all the butter.
- 9In another mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, white pepper and milk.
- 10When the flour mix is slightly thicker than pancake batter and smooth (you may have to add an additional 2 or 3 tablespoons of milk), distribute the batter on top of the butter in each of the five bowls. DO NOT stir the butter or the batter into the soup mix!
- 11Slightly spread the batter across the tops, using a tablespoon to do so. Do not bother to spread the batter from edge to edge.
- 12Place the ramekins on a cooking tray and bake at 350 degrees F. for 50-60 minutes.
- 13Remove from the oven and serve when the tops are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pot Pie / Pies
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.2
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 1122.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 22.4 g