Recipe by CrinV
We started with an existing recipe by beachgirl (Easy Chicken Pot Pie) and made it work for our group - basically we doubled the crust, cut the fat in the crust (the resulting crust still has a nice texture, it just doesn't brown as much) and added lots of parboiled veggies to make it a one dish meal.
- 32 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in pieces and sauteed
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 8 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cooked chicken in single layer in casserole.
- While chicken is cooking, put chopped veggies in stock pot and add a small amount of water and salt and parboil until almost tender.
- Resulting broth can be used instead of some of the chicken broth.
- Add drained veggies to the chicken in the pan.
- In large bowl, combine soup, bouillon and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Stir with whisk to blend.
- Add remaining broth and mix.
- Pour over chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In medium bowl, mix melted butter, flour, milk and parsley.
- Spoon evenly over soup mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a golden crust forms on top.