This is a really quick way to make potpies and tastes great. the crust is flaky and tastes like homemade. I like a lot of veggies in mine, but you can reduce the veggies, or increase the meat if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (Pillsbury works well)
- cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1Preheat oven to 425°; combine flour, sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in medium bowl.
- 2Add chicken pieces to mixture and combine.
- 3Heat a large non-stick skillet, covered with cooking spray,over medium heat.
- 4Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink in the middle.
- 5Meanwhile, take one section of pie crust, leave folded, and cut out circle with a cereal bowl (or the bowls you are eating out of. they should be fairly small as to make 4 circles) trim edges off circles and separate.
- 6Place circles on a non-stick cookie sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 7Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Add water, soup, frozen veggies, and mushrooms to pan.
- 9Stir and cook until boiling, reduce heat.
- 10Heat through for about 5-10 more minutes, or until veggies are at desired consistency, and sauce is thickened.
- 11Serve chicken mixture in bowls and top with pie circle.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.3
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 1055.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 20.3 g