Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a really quick way to make potpies and tastes great. the crust is flaky and tastes like homemade. I like a lot of veggies in mine, but you can reduce the veggies, or increase the meat if you like.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (Pillsbury works well)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 425°; combine flour, sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in medium bowl.
- Add chicken pieces to mixture and combine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet, covered with cooking spray,over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, take one section of pie crust, leave folded, and cut out circle with a cereal bowl (or the bowls you are eating out of. they should be fairly small as to make 4 circles) trim edges off circles and separate.
- Place circles on a non-stick cookie sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add water, soup, frozen veggies, and mushrooms to pan.
- Stir and cook until boiling, reduce heat.
- Heat through for about 5-10 more minutes, or until veggies are at desired consistency, and sauce is thickened.
- Serve chicken mixture in bowls and top with pie circle.